Wednesday 24 June 2015

Yokohama Day

When I lived in Tokyo, I really liked visiting Yokohama sometimes. Yokohama is the biggest harbour city in Japan and reminds me of Geelong;) In central Tokyo, you can only see a little bit of sky between buildings, but in Yokohama with the open space near the harbour, you can see the beautiful blue sky.

Yokohama is somehow a romantic spot too, so I always wanted to take Paul there, but it's a little bit far from Tokyo (I mean my parents' place) so I thought we wouldn't be able to go there with our tight schedule.

However, one of the wholesale shops said I needed to go to their shop for the first order and the shop was in Yokohama Chinatown. I was so excited! Yokohama Chinatown is the biggest Chinatown in the world and there are so many yummy things. You might think "Why would I go to Chinatown in Japan?" But you'll be surprised how high the quality of Chinese food is in Japan.


Yokohama is the city where east meets west. There are many beautiful old red brick western buildings which are quite different from what you see in western countries. Around Minato Mirai area, there are many modern buildings which look more like the "mirai" (future). If you want to have a day trip to somewhere from Tokyo, Yokohama is one of the places I recommend.

We had lovely Chinese lunch at Santou, a restaurant that was recommended by the shop staff where we bought our wholesale things. They are famous for dumplings and no wonder - their dumplings were delicious!


At the wholesale shop I visited, we bought some stuff for ourselves too;)



With Love, Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment