Tuesday 1 September 2015

Spring!!

It’s ‘officially’ spring! When I see all the flowers are blooming, I get so excited. However I can't stop wearing my ugg boots yet, nor turn off the heater either. When does ‘real’ spring start??


Spring starts pretty dramatically in Japan. Once the Sakura (cherry blossoms) start blooming, the long and cold winter ends. Japanese people love Sakura. It’s everywhere! They love it not only because it’s beautiful, but also it represents some of the Japanese virtues. 
They say the colder the winter is, the more beautifully Sakura bloom and I think that's true. When it's a pretty warm winter, the colour of the Sakura is not as beautiful as in the cold winter years. So Japanese people tend to think that when people have hard time, they can be more successful.


Also they love Sakura because it has such a short life. It tells us that all things are in a constant state of flux and nothing is permanent. You don’t have to worry too much about what you have now. 

I know many Australian people want to see Sakura in Japan and I’m often asked when is the best time for Sakura in Japan. It’s really difficult to tell because every year is a little bit different. However, if you go to Japan during the last week of March or the first week of April, you will definitely be able to see Sakura somewhere in Japan.  

Although I do recommend going to Japan to see Sakura, you can also enjoy Sakura in Australia too! There is a Cherry Blossom Day in the Dandenong Ranges. I couldn’t find the schedule for this year, but it’ll be around September 20th.  Or you can have this new Cherry Blossoms and Java Sparrows TENUGUI and enjoy a spring Hanami (flower viewing) party at home ;)  

With Love,
Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment